Recommended advice to Employer’s on Social Media
- Adopt a social media policy to encourage appropriate employee use of social media.
- Use the policy to prohibit employees using social media in ways that could damage the company.
- Provide training to employees on the appropriate use of social media, and monitor for compliance.
- Allow employees to disclose or misuse confidential or proprietary information.
- Permit employees to use social media to harass colleagues.
- Impose unnecessary restrictions on employee use of social media.
If you are a business without a social media policy, you would be wise to consider getting one put in place to avoid legal issues arising through any misuse of social media by your staff. If you need advice on social media or a social media policy please contact William Addis either by email, or on mobile 07767 166705.